Displaying all 2 messages
Kenneth Ekman
4/4/2018 at 9:40
Hi,

I am a fan of the record matches function. It's an excellent way of adding source information to Geni profiles.

However, these sources does not seem to be neither exported in GEDCOM nor exposed in the Geni API right now.

Please add this!

/ Kenneth
Private User
4/17/2018 at 15:29
Are you refering to the http://wiki-en.genealogy.net/GEDCOM/SOUR-Tag and the field discribated there, please be aware that the GENI database don't registrate the sources in that format or detail. So extracting that information from the database is converting it in that details is close to impossible.

And about Geni API it has very powerfull commands and calls, but the command to add sources or read information about the sources from a profile I have not be able to find.

Have this be said this is diiscussion forum and not the place to ask things to be added.

So my question is how should the source information be add by API interface and how should it be added to the database by API commands.

And how should source information be stored in the database?

And how is now stored in the database.

BTW if there is way to get the information by API out of the GENI database please let me know.
rails-1a-000