• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts
Private User
5/3/2012 at 5:50 AM

Counts of Tyrone - O'Neill
The title of Count of Tyrone (or Comte de Tyrone) was created in the Spanish Netherlands in 1622 or 1623 for Patrick O'Neill, second son of Sean O'Neill
Henry O'Neill, 3rd comte de Tyrone
http://www.geni.com/people/Jacques-Henry-O%E2%80%99Neill-y-Plissonn...

5/3/2012 at 7:03 AM

Anne-Marie, I'm noticing that many of the "Wild Geese" nobles had both a 'Count' title from their foreign masters, and an equivalent "Earl" title from their country of origin. In the case of the Walsh of Carrickmines, I'm even seeing both that both "von Wallis" (Walsh) and "von Carrickmines" became two titles within the same family.
Are you suggesting that an inventory is made of these foreign titles - and possibly current holders?

Private User
5/3/2012 at 7:31 AM

True, the O'Neills for example also carried both titles in their direct linage
It would make sense that there is an inventory somewhere

Private User
5/3/2012 at 7:43 AM

Another interesting profile

O'Rourke
Count Joseph Cornelius O'Rourke (1772-1849) a Russian nobleman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Cornelius_O%27Rourke

Private
5/3/2012 at 11:44 AM

I have a day job following your "Irish geese" discussions, like the enthousiasm :-) and now I know from fnDuck I do have Irish relatives... so now I know why I follow you... you work I follow... :-)

Private User
5/3/2012 at 12:53 PM

We are not going that fast Jennie !
Good excuse to come and help us now you too have Irish roots :)

5/3/2012 at 1:00 PM

And so should FNDuck. I think Ducks and Geese are of a same family, genealogically speaking.

Private
5/3/2012 at 1:13 PM

LOL makes you want to fly? Not like a duck... :-)

Private
5/3/2012 at 1:17 PM

No sure I am such a great help Annemarie! But if you think Ican help you can add me to the project and IU do whatI can.I like the project! Like geese or maybe more swans... :-) (joking...)

Private User
5/5/2012 at 8:23 AM

Hey !!!! NO DUCK JOKES !!!! :)

Private
5/5/2012 at 12:04 PM

LOL

Private User
5/5/2012 at 12:14 PM

Just to let you all know I am causing havoc in the O'Donnell tree , I have been to the archives and library here in Ireland and collected enough material I hope to sort out the O'Donnell clan, ( different branches inc)
You might notice some changes here and there.

Private
5/5/2012 at 12:34 PM

You are great Annemarie!
and al lof of work to do but all for good reasons!

I'm not making Duckjokes here.... (dont want to mess with a bathduckie..)

Private User
5/5/2012 at 12:47 PM

These O'Donnells are a job allright but what makes it easier they kept marrying the same families , in the early days anyway :)

Private
5/5/2012 at 12:58 PM

Must be great Annemarie to actually go to the library and do the search. Did you find other information than it'sto been found online or did you get confirmation on online sources?
Yesterday I took a look at profiles I saw 3,4 times around (duplicates) and have to clean them.. but before cleaning wanne be sure I do the right cleaning. So better taak a fresh look tomorrow to do the right thing. I had to give you an assingment to dig for it in the Irish archieves... lol

Private User
5/5/2012 at 1:18 PM

I almost live in the libraries bringing a pencil and paper, always looking for old reference books that nearly fall apart and hope the information inside the book is correct :)
There are a lot of odd matches, some with a 200 year difference between the dates of birth but all the other information correct, going to be fun :)

Private
5/5/2012 at 1:35 PM

:-) I like it!

Private User
5/5/2012 at 11:53 PM

I am putting in some curator notes here and there, pointing out who established branches of the Clans and where

Private User
5/6/2012 at 5:48 AM

William O'Kelly who was born in 1703 was a distinguished officer in the Aurto-Hungarian army becoming Field Marshal. In February 1767 he was created a Count of the Holy Roman Empire by the Empress Marie Theresa.

Private User
5/6/2012 at 6:01 AM

Nice one Joe looks like we need to add William O'Kelly also I think we need to create something about the O'Kelly Clan, there were some really amazing people among the O'Kelly's

5/11/2012 at 2:27 AM

Hi to all its so good to see you guys write and fill n missing gaps I have started to trace my family tree I found lots of people family relitives and many more

I discovered our family name was Cain in 1860s now its Kane
I love reading your messages
From Ireland keep up the good work I will let you know how I get on
Ps I see through marriage my wife is related to Joe Kelly

Yours
Trevor Kane

5/11/2012 at 9:13 AM

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hanlon/history/ha...

http://fabpedigree.com/s068/f915847.htm

Sybil Baskerville

Baskervilles are also descent of O'Niel, Thomas Hanlon O'Neil was my Grandfather on my Mother's side, Baskerville/Lake of Mide tree is my Father's side.

5/11/2012 at 9:29 AM
5/11/2012 at 9:30 AM
Cynthia Sue Braxton
5/11/2012 at 11:12 AM

Sir Thomas Gamadge, Lord of Coytey is my 17th great grandfather.
aint Jude "the Just" is my 45th great grandfather.

Cynthia Sue Braxton
5/11/2012 at 11:13 AM

Saint Jude the Just rather not aint lol :)

Private User
5/11/2012 at 12:40 PM

You win Cynthia, Saint Jude is my 55 great grandfather :)

Private User
5/12/2012 at 12:15 PM

Saint Jude "the Just" - 49th great grandfather.
Henry O´Neill 3rd comte de Tyrone - 17th cousin nine times removed.
Sir Thomas Gamadge, Lord of Coytey - 14th cousin 12 times removed.
(Lord) John Lake - 14th cousin 14 times removed.
Syble Baskerville - 12th cousin 14 times removed.

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion