Where the Treves Kohanim or Leviim

Started by Bentzion Shlomo Turin on Monday, June 25, 2012
Showing all 5 posts
6/25/2012 at 11:27 AM

A profile I am working with (my great-grandfather) is a close match to some members of the Treves family project at FTDNA. The project contains a member claiming direct paternal descent from R. Yochanan of Treves. My great-grandfather had a tradition of being a Levi, another close match to the Treves descendent has a tradition that the family are Kohanim. Is anyone aware of any rabbinic traditions regarding the Treves family's status as Kohein/Levi/Yisroel. Thanks Malka Mysels Matityahu (III) Ashkenazi Treves, [Chief Rabbi of France]

6/19/2014 at 2:54 PM

Matityahu (III) Ashkenazi Treves, [Chief Rabbi of France]

Hi here is my conection to Matisyahu
Cinc. Chrissie Anghna Lea Kjær

6/19/2014 at 4:08 PM

Bentzion Shlomo Turin Just uploaded two pages from Dr. Neil Rosenstein's "The Lurie Legacy" that touches on the Treves family origins. Nowhere is there any mention of a Kohein connection. See the two pages under documents for Matisyah Treves.

If you wish to discuss this information further, perhaps you might consider contacting Private User the eminent rabbinical genealogist and author of the Lurie Legacy.

6/19/2014 at 4:28 PM

@Malka Hi..
Is this note ment for me og mr. Bentzion Shlomo Turin ?
Chrissie

6/19/2014 at 4:29 PM

Oh dear sorry I se his name... its a little late in Denmark now .. I have so say good night..

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion