Chief "Red Bird" Brock - Chief Red Bird

Started by David Combs on Thursday, January 24, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 13 posts
1/24/2013 at 10:17 AM

Hello, my name is David Combs, my mother is Barbara Brock and from her father I can trace about 7 generations back to the Chief, do any of you know how to go about getting my "card" saying I am actually of Native blood? My greatest wish is to learn the language (it is unbelievably difficult) and heritage so I can pass this on to my children and grandchildren. Rueben is in the same line, but any help ya'll can give would be greatly appreciated!

Private User
1/24/2013 at 4:06 PM

David there is a FaceBook page consisting of Chief RedBird a/a Aaron Brock's descendants. I tried to add your name but apparently you don't have a FB Page. I did find a Barbara Brock on the list. You might find some help there.

1/25/2013 at 2:16 PM

I'm sorry you could not find my page, I definitely have one, maybe I will try to find it on my end, thank you for trying,Should I look up Chief Red Bird or Aaron Brock's descendants?

1/25/2013 at 3:05 PM

My lineage is as follows:
My mother: Barbara Carol Brock
Her father: John Carter Brock
His dad: James Floyd Brock...
William Worth Brock..John H. Brock..James Brock..James Brock..Jesse Brock..Aaron Brock.

I noticed a lot of discrepancies between Ancestry.com and Geni.com. But as much work that has been put into this geneology by actual family members leads me to believe this is a lot more convincing.

Private User
3/13/2013 at 10:47 AM

My name is Alta Neri and am the great granddaughter of Mary Brock whom married John Henry Adams. I believe her father is Elihu Brock and Susanne Shepard. From what I can see I am related also to Chief Red Bird. Can anyone confirm that for me?

Thanks

3/26/2013 at 1:39 AM

David and Joyce Ann, I have a facebook page. I would love to add you both to my friends list and also get that link to the decendents of Chief Red Bird as I too am a decendant by way of my father Lee Vernon Hornsby and also on my mother's side. You both can locate me I go by the Tara Alestra-Caledonia Brooks on Facebook. If you can't find it that way just email me at Taradbrooks1971@aol.com and send me your email address you used to join Facebook and I can locate you that way and send a friend request. Here is my link to Chief Redbird (unless it has been changed by a merge I have not seen lately):

Tara Denise Brooks (Hornsby)

Laura Ellen Schirmer (Smith)
my mother

Jake Franklin Smith
her father

Sallie Smith (Mattingly)
his mother

Joseph G. Mattingly
her father

Jesse Mattingly
his father

Allison Alisey Bolling
his mother

Susan Bolling (Sizemore)
her mother

Annie Aggie Sizemore (Shepard)
her mother

Susannah Caroline Brock
her daughter

Chief "Red Bird" Brock
her husband

3/26/2013 at 1:58 AM

David,

I don't know for sure but I think Chief Red Bird and Chief Doublehead are related but I think they are cousins. I don't know if this would help but I have some info I think you would like to check up on and see if it helps you out with your tree at some point. I know Chief Doublehead is listed here on geni so you should have no trouble checking to see if both he and Chief Red Bird are related.

Here is what I have on Chief Doublehead:

Chief "Taltsuska" "Chuqualatague" Doublehead, Principal Chief
Born:1744 Stearns, McCreary County, Kentucky, United States
Died: circa 1807 Hiwasse River, Tennessee, United States

"Princess" Cornblossom Doublehead
his daughter

Mary "Polly" Blevins (Troxell)(1785 KY, USA
her daughter

Delilah Blevins
her daughter

M. King
her husband

Thomas Murray King
his father

Burwell / Burrell King
his brother

Christopher M. King
his son

Mary Matilda Rich
his daughter

Bettie Powell
her daughter

Mary Ellen Merida
her daughter

Geneva Inez Smith
her daughter

Laura Ellen Schirmer
her daughter

Tara Denise Brooks
her daughter

Notes for :
Mary (Polly) Blevins (Troxell) is Chief Doublehead's granddaughter.
Birth: 1785
KY, USA
Immediate Family:
Daughter of George big jake troxell and "Princess" Cornblossom Doublehead
Wife of Tarlton Blevins and Tarlton Blevins
Mother of Delilah Blevins
Sister of Peter Troxell; Catherine Blevins; Margaret P Bell; Margaret "Peggy" Bell; Elizabeth Vaughn and 4 others; Sarah "Sally" Bell; William Troxell; Elizabeth Vaughn and Little Jake Troxell
Half sister of William Troxell

Notes for:
Thomas Murray King is Chief Doublehead's great granddaughter's husband's father
Birth: 1790
Kentucky, United States
Death: February 26, 1880 (90)
near Pine Knot, Whitley (now McCreary), KY, United States
Place of Burial: Duncan Cemetery, near Strunk, McCreary, Kentucky, United States
Immediate Family:
Son of William Kirby King, Jr. and Urouth King
Husband of Mary Rebecca King
Father of Sarah Angel; William Thomas King; Thomas Braxton King; Enos King; Jackson H. King and 17 others; Mary "Polly" King; Elizabeth King; Sarah Winchester; Nancy Jane Ross; Matthew King; Burrel King; Daniel King; Thomas King; Lucinda Narcissus Strunk; Elisha S. King; John King; Brackston / Braxton King; Deipen "Burrell" (aka Burl) King; Matthew King; Rachel King; Mary Elizabeth Strunk and Braxton King « less
Brother of Burwell / Burrell King; William King, I; Nancy Ann Jane Douglas/Douglass; George Washington King; Betsy King and 2 others; Polly King and Kirby King « less

Notes for:
Princess Cornblossom Doublehead
Place of Burial: Stearns, Kentucky, United States
Birth: 1770
Wayne, Kentucky, United States
Death: August 13, 1810 (40)
Yohoo Falls, McCreary, Kentucky, United States
Immediate Family:
Daughter of Chief Doublehead and Great "Crit" "Drags Blanket" Doublehead (Priber)
Mother of Peter Troxell; Catherine Blevins; Mary (Polly) Blevins; Margaret P Bell; Margaret "Peggy" Bell and 5 others; Elizabeth Vaughn; Sarah "Sally" Bell; William Troxell; Elizabeth Vaughn and Little Jake Troxell
Sister of Kiziah "Kizzie" Doublehead Unknown; Gu-Lu-Sti-Yu Riley; Tuskiahooto Doublehead; Tuckahoe Doublehead; Saleechie Doublehead and 9 others; Sa-li-tsi / Saleechie Doublehead; Ni-gu-da-yi Go DiGe Yu Riley; Unknown Doublehead; Tahleysuscoh "Tassel" Doublehead; Peggy Wilson; Du-ka-ho Doublehead; William Doublehead; Ellen Doublehead and Du-s-gi-a-hu-te Colbert
Half sister of Saleechie Colbert; Bird Tail Doublehead; Tassel Doublehead; Alcy McNulty and Susannah Chisholm

7/24/2013 at 1:05 PM

I would like to be added to the Facebook page! Missy Brock Mullins

1/30/2015 at 4:13 PM

I have seen some comments on other websites saying Aaron Brock and Red Bird can't be the same person because there is no Cherokee DNA in the direct Brock line. I don't think Aaron Brock and Red Bird should have the same profile since no reliable facts point towards them being one individual.

Private User
3/20/2015 at 10:16 AM

I am also looking to join the descendants of Chief Red Bird. I sent you a request Joyce Whitaker. He would be my 7th Grand Father.
Marvin Ping - Delphine (Goins) Rivenburg - Maggie Goins - Martha Baker - John Johnson - Dicey Johnson - Aaron Brock - Jesse James Brock - Chief Red Bird Brock.

I would also be interested in knowing the connection with Pocahontas!

Not interested in any witchcraft stuff, FYI (Please keep that far from me)

Private User
3/20/2015 at 4:25 PM

I tried to add you Anthony Ping to the site, but it won't let me. Maybe because you are not my friend. I am not interested in witchcraft either. Did you ask to join? They usually will take new people.

Private User
3/20/2015 at 4:31 PM

Just received a reply to my question. I can't add you unless you are my friend on FB. Send me a friend request.

Private User
3/21/2015 at 2:38 PM

Just talked with the admin and she says all you have to do is request to join. Descendants of Chief Red Bird aka Aaron Brock

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion