Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 14 posts
1/28/2013 at 4:14 PM

There's a bit of a mess between these three profiles:

Capt. Philip Lee, Esq.

Elizabeth Fendall

Philip Ludwell Lee of Stratford Hall

1 and 3 are NOT the same, yet 2 married both of them? I highly doubt it... once the2 Elizabeths are unlinked, from each other there may still be an extra husband or two attached, but I'll leave that sorting to experts on the family...

1/28/2013 at 4:40 PM

Thank you for calling attention to this. She has many too many husbands, doesn't she, even for early Virginia.:)

Private User could you take a look at the Capt's (or Hon.'s) parents? I remember something about NOT mixing up the "more than one" Leticia Corbin's ....

1/28/2013 at 7:14 PM

living Cooley I think it's better now - can you take a look? And thanks again.

1/28/2013 at 8:40 PM

looks much better now for sure, though I'm new to this part of the family tree so I can't say much in terms of complete accuracy. But, how it is now is basically how I thought it should be (I think) :)

1/28/2013 at 9:12 PM

More documentation is always welcome <hint>. Follow your line!

1/28/2013 at 9:32 PM

yep, working on doing that; I've had most of my family tree info for several years and just found the link to the Lee family in the last two days. Just joined here a week ago... Will keep adding and documenting, but there's a lot to add; I just got a copy of a 400 page genealogy book on the line of my family which links to the Lee family, but I had to find the last couple of steps for myself because they didn't have the whole story in the 1890s when they were researching and compiling it...

1/28/2013 at 10:14 PM

You mean there's been progress since 1890? Really? :)

photo owned by Tamara Tucker Swingle
Private User
1/29/2013 at 6:54 AM

I"ll be happy to take a look, but from reading the discussion which followed Erica's request, sounds like it might be taken care of. This family does seem to get mixed quite a bit, doesn't it?

1/29/2013 at 9:49 AM

The museum at Stratford Hall (which is the source I'm following) says:

"confused yet? So are we!". :)

I have a new one for you to look at - the ancestress of the Dalton Younger Gang. Was she of the "infamous" Lee of Virginia family at all?

So far: NOT a daughter of Richard Henry Lee, signer of the "Declaration of Independence"
Could be? Col. Henry Lee, ll

See Elizabeth Younger

What looks like a very nice Younger Family database here

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&amp;db=bcrou...

Private User
1/29/2013 at 10:09 AM

Erica Howton I looked Henry Lee up at the DAR database and Elizabeth Virginia Younger (Lee) is not listed as a daughter but it does look like there are some problems with his ancestors on the database. I will join the hunt too. :)

1/29/2013 at 10:38 AM

There's Texas rangers in that family i believe ...

Private User
1/29/2013 at 11:01 AM

It looks like the children of Joshua Logan Younger, Sr are a little messed up in the tree. There is a Joshua Logan Younger Jr connected as his son but it appears to be a double of himself. Also the next son connected is Henry Younger but his birth date is 1765 meaning his father would be 9 when he was born!

1/29/2013 at 11:59 AM

Lizzie are you able to do the fixes? I trust your interpretation.

Private User
9/5/2013 at 7:05 AM

Henry Giles Lee II seems to be a magnet for aspiring wanna-Lees. Trouble is, only eight children are documented. Anybody not on that list should be viewed with suspicion and, if male, checked against the Lee DNA Surname Project. http://leedna.com/dnaresults.php?id=25

Charles Carter Lee was Gen. Robert E. Lee's brother, therefore a descendant of Colonel Richard "the Immigrant" Lee himself. Anybody not matching at least one of those three entries at better than 90% is probably not a direct-line relative.

Anybody not on the list at all, you're on your own.

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion