Chlodégar, King of the Franks at Cologne - Chlodegar versus Chlodios the Long Hair

Started by Bruce Wells on Sunday, October 13, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
10/13/2013 at 9:08 AM

These two contemporaries seem to have many similarities - could they be the same person? Could they be brothers? A clear understanding of these possibilities is clouded by their fathers (Theodemir and Pharamond) who might also be the same person. Does anyone have any insight on this? Would be interested to hear back on this topic from others who may have already been down this path.
Regards,
Bwarren

Private User
10/17/2013 at 5:45 PM

@Chlodégar, king of the Salian Francs at Cologne is my 42 grt grandfather Judy Rice

10/17/2013 at 6:24 PM

They look similar, but they were different people. Chlodégar was some kind of kinsman of Chlodio. No one is sure exactly how, although everyone has a theory. They both belonged to a family that loved to use the prefix Chlodo-

Private User
10/17/2013 at 9:26 PM

Chlodégar, King of the Franks at Cologne is your 43rd great grandfather.

Private User
10/28/2013 at 5:18 AM

My 39th great grandfather.

10/28/2013 at 6:21 AM

Chlodégar, King of the Franks at Cologne is my 41st great grandfather.

11/1/2013 at 2:44 AM

And.... he's my 42nd great-grandfather!! What a huge network/web of cousins he has created all over the world!!!!

4/13/2014 at 6:11 AM

"Chlodegar, king of the Franks at Cologne", is listed on my family tree as the son of Theodeemir, and the father of chlodebaud, but no one seems to know anything about him other than that title. Wonder wazzup.

4/13/2014 at 5:17 PM

Wazzup, Alan Herbert Catlin is that this is so far back in time that the sources are extremely rear, if existing at all. And most probably, most people will not be able to prove their links to persons or their ancestry so far back in time.

Remember, genealogy is about confirming the facts of your ancestry or familyrelationships between people. That means that every link from you and to a person supposedly being a relative, must and should be confirmed with as primary sources as available. And if you are not able to confirm every link, the link should stop where it is not confirmable anymore.

Geni is not the place for wishful, unsourced or fictional genealogy, and that is why it is encouraged to check all your links between yourself and the person are claiming to be in relationship with. So, please, before stating that xx is your xx-great-grandfather, check that all of the links are backed up by good sources.

4/13/2014 at 6:18 PM

Thanks. I Will keep on checking.

Private User
4/19/2014 at 1:58 AM

Chlodégar, King of the Franks at Cologne
is my 42nd great grandfather.

Private
7/21/2016 at 12:36 PM

Chlodégar, King of the Franks at Cologne is my 42 grt grandfather- Bobby Stelly

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion