Several Unknown Mistresses N. - http://www.geni.com/people/Several-Unknown-Mistresses-N/6000000010222448257

Started by Ole Kristian Moustgaard on Saturday, April 12, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
4/12/2014 at 2:16 AM

Er der nogle kildehenvisninger til denne profil - ellers bør den slettes

4/12/2014 at 2:39 AM

For nylig set af
Ole Kristian Moustgaard click to modify your permission settings i dag
Harald Tveit Alvestrand i dag
Anette Guldager Boye i dag
David Widerberg Howden i dag
Remi Trygve Pedersen i dag

4/13/2014 at 12:43 PM

Ole Kristian Moustgaard it seems that what is known about Sven Estridsen is that he had 21 documented children, and that the children Knut IV "den hellige", konge av Danmark; Ragnhild Svendsdatter; Harald III "Hen" King of Denmark; Sigrid Svendsdatter; Oluf I "Hunger", King of Denmark; Svend Korsfarer; Ingerid of Denmark, Queen Consort of Norway; Erik I "Ejegod" Svendsøn (Estridsøn), Konge af Danmark; Niels, King of Denmark; Þorgils Svendsøn (Estridsøn); Benedikt Svendsøn (Estridsøn); Bjørn Svendsøn (Estridsøn); Sveinn 'Tronkræver' Svendsøn (Estridsøn); Guttorm Svendsen; Eymund Svendøen (Estridsøn); Úlfur Svendsøn (Estridsøn); Helen Svendsdatter; Astrid og Sigurður Svendsøn (Estridsøn) have no known mother (and that it is commonly accepted that their mother is unknown).

Now - the alternatives I see for handling this situation are:
* Leave them without a mother and accept that whenever someone merges in a tree with a mother for which there is no documentation, that will be entered uncritically
* Add 16 or so "mothers", each with one child, and named "Unknown mistress 1" to "Unknown mistress 16"
* The way it's done today: One profile that is clearly marked, and identifies the fact that we known that we do not know who the mothers were.

Which one do you think is best?

4/13/2014 at 12:52 PM

Det er uhæderlig genetisk forbrydelse, at lade mødrene stå som Friller - det er skadelig for historien at være så ligeglad med profiler.

Den skal slettes

4/13/2014 at 1:42 PM

Ole Kristian Moustgaard You did not answer my question: How would you want to do it instead?
If you want to delete the profile, you should be able to answer the question of what you want to happen next.

Private User
4/16/2014 at 5:20 AM

Det kan vel bare stå NN på profilen. Om moren var frille eller ikke er vel ikke så viktig så lenge vi ikke vet navnet. Det der med "uhæderlig genetisk forbrytelse" så vet vi at det er mye historien skjuler. Man kan egentlig bare være sikker på morsiden, og heller ikke der er det 100% sikkert. Mor kan ha fått/overtatt et barn. Man kan aldri være 100% sikker på hvem faren er til et barn. Vi vet at kvinner er utsatt for insest og voldtekt og slikt kommer sjelden fram i et slektstre.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion