Ogilvie discussion

Started by Charles Benjamin Gregory on Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts

Funnily enough, after connecting and updating the Hodgmans, I've been looking to add some others to the tree. I thought I'd make a start on the Ogilvie tree, because it appears to be the next biggest dynasty - not only Premier Albert George Ogilvie Albert George Ogilvie , but also his brother Eric James Ogilvie and current MHA Madeleine Ruth Ogilvie. The late Governor of Tasmania Peter Underwood is also MO's step-father.

I'd actually been working it out in a text document on my PC until I could find a relative who already existed in the tree. But now that you've created the Premiers manually I don't think I need to now :)

Just added a few more names including:
Eric James Ogilvie
Madeleine Ruth Ogilvie
Peter George Underwood

I notice on AGO's profile:
Family Tree 11
Blood Relatives 5,000
Ancestors 5,000

When I saw the 5000 figure I thought someone has merged the little tree but it appears to be unconnected still - the 5000 figure is incorrect?

Yep. The 5,000 figure is incorrect. I'm hoping it corrects itself in a few days. I originally create them as my sibling and then disconnect them. Maybe I'll have to start adding them to a smaller tree first!!

And great work on what you are doing! I prefer to get the profiles added to Geni and then work on connecting them. I find the automated smart matching with MyHeritage speeds things up. Much easier than doing it on paper :-)

I've been off work sick the last few days so had some spare time to add all the missing profiles. I've added all the prime ministers of Australia too if you wanted to check that out.

I've also added any that are still unconnected to the big tree to the "Unconnected Trees" project: http://www.geni.com/projects/Unconnected-Trees/8980
so let me know if you connect any and I'll remove them from that project too!

I'll also look at adding all the missing Governors of Tasmania too:
http://www.geni.com/projects/Governors-of-Tasmania/13847

The Ogilvie's are now connected to the big tree :-)

Peter Underwood is my sister-in-law's second great aunt's husband's niece's husband's aunt's husband's great aunt's husband's nephew's wife's grandson's wife's late husband

Ah, I thought making "lone" profiles was a curator function or similar :)

I found the Frank Ernest Westbrook duplicate profile by doing a manual search and contacted the profile manager. It didn't appear automatically as a tree match, most likely because his version had life range of 1860-1862, whereas mine was obviously around in the 1890s, since if he wasn't he wouldn't have been married to Kate Ogilvie and wouldn't have been in the tree :) )

It was only a couple of days ago and haven't had a reply yet, he might get a shock to see it has all been done and changed. I'll update with my sources now in case there is any confusion.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion