Started by Private User on Sunday, August 31, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 3 posts
Private User
8/31/2014 at 10:58 PM

Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I am working to assist my mother to fill in holes in her genealogy in Virginia. Primarily we are working on the Ellis line. As a child she remembered her grandmother, Kate Ellis telling her that the Lees were relatives. We know that Kate was a descendent of David Ellis of Jamestown. There is an Anne Ellis Armistead in the Lee line, born in Yorkshire somewhere around 1610 to 1615. We are wondering if this is the connection. Does anyone know of a connection between David and Anne or between David Ellis's line and the Lee line? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

9/1/2014 at 4:56 AM

Welcome to Geni.
It would help us all if you could add as much as you can in order to find where it is you connect in the tree.

Private User, the Anne to whom you referred is Anne E. Armistead. I'm not familiar with any Lee connection in her "vicinity", but you can go to her profile and browse through her relatives.

Here's another tactic:

1) Build your family tree (like Roger suggested above), but specifically build it in the "direction" of Anne E. Armistead until it actually includes that profile of her. (There's another profile for her, which I intend to merge soon.)

2) Visit http://www.geni.com/surnames/people/lee and find a profile of a Lee family member to whom you think you might be related.

3) Visit the profile that you selected.

4) You'll see either your closest connection to that Lee family member, or you'll see a button labeled "How are you related?" If you see the button, click on it, then wait for Geni to display your connection to that Lee family member.

Note that the connection shown will be the shortest one that Geni can find. For more details, visit http://www.geni.com/projects/Working-with-Relationships/17570.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion