Johanna Magrietha Gertrude Marian Labuschagne (Uys) - Incorrect information. Please undo.

Started by Private User on Thursday, June 11, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
Private User
6/11/2015 at 4:43 PM

John Sparkman I noticed a couple of days ago that in Thomas Labuschagne's tree on MyHeritage he's got information about my family incorrect. I asked on Facebook for help to contact this person to correct the mistake. Please undo all the changes. My father was married to two women. Their names are now combined and the children from the two mothers will be incorrect.

6/11/2015 at 10:48 PM

Charmaine,
I am sorry that you had to resort to opening a public discussion about smart copy and the fact that after me assisting you numerous times you were dissatisfied with what you say was a distortion of your family tree data.
Consequently I am not comfortable about working on any of your profiles in case I inadvertently cause you more problems.

You will recall that you repeatedly requested a succession of merges and various Curators including myself rallied to your assistance.
Regards
John

Private User
6/12/2015 at 4:36 PM

I think there is a huge difference between me requesting assistance to complete a merge that's been suggested by multiple people and using SmartCopy to update a profile with source documents to something completely different.

However the problem is solved and I'm glad to say that I achieved my goal in the public discussion. Small changes will be made to SmartCopy that may prevent this situation from happening again to other Geni users.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion