George Clark, "Jr. - farmer" - Three George Clark's

Started by Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator on Thursday, June 2, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts

Who's son is who?

There are three George Clark's connected as sons of Grace Bodey Clarke, & George Clark, Jr.

George Clark, II - farmer connected as husband of Sarah Clark with children Hannah (Clark) Platt , Ruth Wheeler , Sarah Sill , Rebecca Browne , Esther Clark , Mary (Clark) Clark , John Clark , N.N. Clark , Abigail Pierson & Elizabeth Clark

Dea. George Clark, Sr. connected as husband of Sarah Clark with children Thomas Clark, Sr. , Sarah (Clark) Law , Ens. George Clark & Samuel Clark

George Clark, II - farmer connected as husband of Sarah Clark with children Ens. George Clark ; Sarah Harvey is also connected as mother of Samuel Clark, of New Haven husband of Hannah Tuttle and Mary Thompson

Unless dates are totally incorrect it looks like Ens. George Clark March 5, 1648 - July 19, 1734 & Ens. George Clark April 30, 1648 - July 19, 1734 may be the same person

And their fathers George Clark, II - farmer (1615 - June 18, 1690) & Dea. George Clark, Sr. (circa 1611 - June 10, 1690) could be the same also

Samuel Clark, of New Haven has references listing him as the son (2) of Hannah Fordham (1622 - ____) & Samuel Clark (1619 - 1690) or (1) of HARVEY, Sarah (1622 - 17 OCT 1661) & CLARK, James (OCT 1602 - 19 DEC 1674) [Samuel Clark (1619 - 1690) is listed as the some of Sarah Harvey & James Clark on Find A Grave] or (1) prob. s. of John

Private User
Since Sarah Clark does not have the same dates as the reference & a different husband I will remove Samuel Clark as her son.

Removing Hannah Hunt wife of Robert Lockridge as the dau. of Hannah Clark & Samuel Clark, of New Haven

According to references their dau. Hannah married Jonah Todd. Hannah & Samuel Clark were of Connecticut they would not of had a dau. born in Virginia.

10/22/2017 at 3:28 PM

Are these duplicate master profiles ?

George Clark, II - farmer

Dea. George Clark, Sr.

Hatte Blejer

10/23/2017 at 9:18 AM

Yes they are the same, George Clark the carpenter / deacon. The one I curate has an incorrect bio at the end of the Overview from the other George Clark of Milford. And has extra / duplicate children.

I think Carole's has the right children in the Curator's Note but different children attached?

Private User
12/27/2017 at 7:59 PM

Hello,

I do not know how to start a New discussion about this profile, Samuel Clark, of New Haven

I am looking for the father of Samuel Clark Jr. who supposedly married Hannah Tuttle. I know this profile shows 3 wives.

The parents keep changing and the overview shows the father is either Samuel Clark Sr., who supposedly died at his son Samuel Jr.'s New Haven house in 1690, according to (not sure how accurate)
https://archive.org/stream/historygenealogy00inclar#page/10/mode/2up

Samuel Clark, Sr., of Stamford

and/or James Clark & Mary? of New Haven, then Stamford.

James Clark, of the New Haven Colony

Who is the father? Thank you!

7/2/2019 at 1:24 PM

And...we're back with chaos in the George and Sarah Clarks of Milford.

Can I get some help here folks?

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion