Antonette Fiorito (Lo Bosco) - More information?

Started by John Dale Kessel on Saturday, December 31, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 15 posts
12/31/2016 at 11:32 AM

David Edward Lobosco and Private User, do you have any more information about this profile for Antonette Fiorito (Lo Bosco) at Antoinette "Lena" Fiorito?

Private User asked me about it...

[[291004589510005043] I believe I got a tiny bit of this info from you at some point...and it looks like David Edward Lobosco added to it.

Any thoughts on any errors or connected to the wrong spot, etc?

Let me know if i can help clean it up or lock anything down, etc....

Thanks

John

Private User
12/31/2016 at 8:25 PM

ok let's try this again...I created a memorial for Antonette's father and mother, and some of her siblings on findagrave. I accessed David's ancestry files and found death dates for most of theher siblings, but all I had on Antonette was her date of birth, marriage and death. Nothing else. What is it you are looking for?

1/1/2017 at 8:43 AM

Hi Private User

Well, this makes Antonett the first cousin once removed of Private User but Lynn's father and aunts said they don't know of Antonett....

So we were wondering if there was something else to explain this... I did see the marriage record at: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-61DS-JQB?mode=g but do we know any more?

John

Private User
1/1/2017 at 9:32 AM

so you are actually dealing with Antonette's mother (Francesca Lombardo)'s side of the family, not the LoBosco side. Will have to look at it some more.

Private User
1/1/2017 at 12:57 PM

Hi Caryn, my grandfather is the brother of Francesca. My father, and two aunts have no recollection of an Antonette. All three confirm she is definitely NOT a daughter of Francesca's. This is what has brought about the discussion.

If I can ask any other questions of my family, let me know.
Happy New Year,
Lynn Lombardo Stanley

1/1/2017 at 6:36 PM

Interesting...

I have that her name is also Lena...

Name Lena Fiorito
SSN 169-10-1434
Last Residence East Mc Keesport, 15035, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, USA
Born 13 Apr 1908
Died Oct 1983
State (Year) SSN issued Pennsylvania - Before 1951

1/1/2017 at 6:38 PM

I actually have a copy of her birth records, but not sure how to upload it here.

1/1/2017 at 6:41 PM

I just uploaded it to the media part of Antonette's profile.

Let me know what you think.

1/1/2017 at 11:33 PM

This is interesting... It would make sense that Anthony Lo Bosco and Francesca Lobosco would name their first daughter Antonina/Lena/Antonette ....

Are there any easily accessible local obituaries for PA to look up her or the siblings or the parents to see what they say?

Is anybody in touch with any of the nieces or nephews of Antonette to maybe understand why she wasn't known to Lynn's family?

This seems to be the family in the 1930 Federal Census...and there she is...

1/1/2017 at 11:56 PM

Actually here is the obituary for one of the siblings, Mary Catherine Venturino : http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/triblive-pittsburgh-tribune-review...

It says "In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Ralph Salvitore Venturino, on July 5,1984; her sisters, Antoinette Firito and Josephine Gobita; brothers, Frank, Vincent "James," and Peter Lobosco."

Private User do those sound like the names of the ones that your Aunt and father knew of?

Private User
1/2/2017 at 8:27 AM

Okay, so it looks legit to me. I called my aunts back to discuss and see if we could speak to someone closer to that branch of the family. My aunt gave me the number for Frances Lo Bosco, daughter of "Jim" Lo Bosco. I have left a message on her voicemail, and am waiting for a return call. As soon as I hear, I will let you know.

Private User
1/2/2017 at 9:21 AM

I am on the phone with Frances Lo Bosco, she has confirmed that Antionette "Lena" Lo Bosco Fiorito did exist!!!! She passed in 1983. So, it will be interesting to see what my father and aunt's say when I tell them.

Lynn

1/2/2017 at 1:26 PM

I was going to give you Frances Lo Bosco's name. She's a great gal! I'm friend with her on facebook. Her grandfather and my Great Grandfather were brothers.

I have found out amazing things in the past. I just found out my Grandfather Lobosco had a brother who died of pneumonia as an infant. I just found that out last week and I never knew it!

Private User
1/4/2017 at 9:03 AM

Hi David, yes, she was fun to talk to. My grandfather and her grandmother were siblings. It's interesting the things you find out when you start looking. Happy New Year!

1/4/2017 at 12:24 PM

Happy New Year as well!

Small world!

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion