Chief Red Bird Brock - redbird and great eagle

Started by Dakota Carmichael on Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Showing all 3 posts
4/12/2017 at 7:21 PM

is there any proof that the great grey eagle of tanasi was redbirds father? trying to figure this out for my fiance who is just now getting into her family tree

4/15/2017 at 7:29 PM

I have Reuben Brock from England as being his father. Reuben married Christian Place according to my records. But, I am still investigating.

Valerie

6/22/2017 at 2:22 PM

Its been suggested I open a thread, but here is what one source says:

This is from http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~brockfamily/Chief...

2. Davi(d)son: The First Ten, the Second Ten, and Many Allied Families, by Charlotte Davison, Robbie Jean Davison; assisted by Mary Ruth Moffitt Stevens; published Braddyville, IA, by Violet Pence Apple, 1985; pp. 4-5.

Some Internet genealogy data gave the name of Aaron's father as Reuben Brock ("British soldier b. 1680"), but there is no evidence to support that claim, nor that such a Reuben existed in that time period. Apparently it was a theory only of a researcher, repeated as fact by others.

The name Reuben Brock is not associated with Aaron and Jesse's family, but with the Swiss/German Brack/Brocks Rudolph Heinrich Brack/Brock and John Michael Brack/Brock who immigrated to PA in 1733 and then to Orange/Augusta Co., VA, by 1740. Rudolph had at least four grandsons or great-grandsons named Reuben; two served in the Revolution.They were born 100+ years too late to be Aaron Brock Chief Red Bird's father.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion