ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Thursday, February 14, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 421-450 of 9181 posts

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087

The tree conflict indications on Henry W. Cusick Sr. have resolved, sometimes it takes a little time for the database to catch up and the tree to redraw, etc.

TY again. Not connected to me. Perhaps some day? lol Seen in a trek.

https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000005023457041#60000000...

IGNACIO STIRLING SERÉ
He passed away on Monday, March 11, 2019
- (Q.E.P.D.) - DECEASED IN THE PEACE OF THE LORD, THE DAY OF MARCH 11, 2019. - HIS AUNT: NENELLA TURTURIELLO; HIS COUSINES: GONZALO SERÉ AND MAGGIE GARCÍA, PABLO SERÉ AND MANE MORATÓ, DIEGO SERÉ, ANNA SERÉ, JULIÁN ÁLVAREZ AND ELENA SERÉ AND THEIR SOBRINOS PARTICIPATE WITH DEEP PAIN THE DEATH OF BELOVED IGNACIO AND INVITE THE SEPELIO ACT TO BE HELD TODAY, 13 DE MARCH OF 2019. VELATORY ROOM: CANELONES 1450, ROOM 303, FROM THE 10TH HOUR, FROM WHERE THE COURT WILL PARTICIPATE AT HOUR 13:30, I GO TO THE CEMETERY OF DIVING. COMPANY ROGELIO MARTINELLI S.A. TELEPHONE: 29087721. *

he is a private file and manager

Private User

IGNACIO STIRLING SERÉ was a Geni user so we have to report the profile as deceased, when I hear back I will let you know

ok Angus we wait, thanks

Private User - I have seen Folks are currently being urged to consider a sort of Digital Will, and/or to include that in their Regular Wills -- to cover sites such as Facebook, their e-mail account etc - this would include their Geni Account. .
On the chance a Person has made arrangements for someone to do something after his/her death with his profile and those he manages (which they can do if he has left them the information on what e-mail he used, and the Password - as long as the account has not been closed) - I would strongly hope folks will start holding off for a while on reporting Deaths of Users.

Lois - while your thoughts are clear - there is NO way for me to know what is/has been done with regards someone's account here at GENI. Nor do I know when someone else "might" report their death.

What needs to happen is for GENI (and other sites) to create a database that provides ME the ability to designate what is to happen with my account. If I give my email and password to someone for the purpose we are discussing - it would be someone I trust, so I am NOT concerned with security. HOWEVER, what I have done on GENI is way to massive to expect someone to go in and change every profile to their management. That is simply a ridiculous thought. I have a very distant relation that has spent the last 30 years building 9 family trees, totalling about 27,000 profiles. It is in a software ON his computer. I am trying NOW to figure out how to get that info onto GENI. A MASSIVE undertaking.

What we need is for the sites we are involved in/with to now recognize that this is a problem that is simply going to escalate as many of our participants age ..... You and I simply are not the ONLY ones needing help in address this issue ......

RGS

Erica Howton Thank you for the help.. I finally figured out the mess on that line and fixed it :)

RGS - I agree. But when I see folks going - he died two days ago, the funeral is today, make him deceased and public -- I cringe and feel it necessary to say something in support of not jumping in so fast.
I believe - but have not checked - that if one closes one's account, one can designate someone to take over management -- if you have left your email and password info with someone, then after your Death they can log in, choose to close the account - and I think due to death is a choice - and possibly designate who is to take over management.
I get scared that if I click "Close Account" that, instead of getting to see what the options are and then choosing not to close it, it might close my account, so refuse to check what it actually has.

Can someone get rid of these false matches for these two? Thanks. There's two for this one:

Sarah Ann Stevens

and one for this one:

Mary Ann Fellows

Thanks!

Private User, done

Lois Lubin
Angus Wood-Salomon

Thank you for your comments on the crew whose administrator has passed away.
I can agree with you as to what should be a requirement of Geni that when someone starts his tree there is a second person in charge of their profiles if the creator dies.
But there is also the possibility that that person has created his branch and never more was copied from it, which is the case of the person that I have asked for his profile to be made public due to his death.
You and many people wonder why this good Lord with tree in Myheritage with 218,000 profiles comes here to Geni to ask for things.
There is a problem with the profiles in reality, is that the people who have put them are not interested in having them up to date. Here in Uruguay we have curators, but they also have their trees, but who communicates that they have died, me.
They are relatively young people who are developing their career and their family and the tree is no longer their priority. If you may be interested in the Engineering of the program and cooperate with the development of the tree, but do not do it when you have to update them.
Going back to the subject in question this Mr. created his profile or someone created his branch and graciously gave him his administration, I do not know, but he was a human person like all of us with his virtues and defects, personally I had a great personal dilemma when I started the tree, I had made my father leave my house, motivated by the fact that I was in love with someone else, and it was creating a very tense climate that could lead to violence. I was not with him from my 18 years until he died, he did not know my children, etc. etc., but when I faced the tree I left aside my prejudices and put it on the tree, plus their marriage two and three, and their children (2) with the second woman, whom I met (1) a few years ago because they do not live in Uruguay, and while they did it I had no interest in having a relationship.
This comes into consideration because in the profile that I asked them to declare his death, I do not know if they have been told that their ex-wife does not figure and their children did not give them their second surname. With this I end this conversation for now.
You and Geni want a global tree, you can achieve it once the human passions do not appear and distort reality.
Another issue in which there are many problems, more than anything caused by the design of the form to introduce a profile. It is the one of the Surname and Last name of birth, in Myheritage it is impossible not to do it well, but in Geni uds. You will see that mistakes are made frequently, in the female profiles the surname of birth is fundamental and must be put in the place that says the form, if you look a bit you will see that this is not the case
When you want, we continue

Private User
Private User
Richard (Rick) Gary Simon
With the greatest respect may I ask that you take that discussion elsewhere, as you all know we use this discussion for Users requesting help from Curators, if your discussion continues here, others may join in and this discussion's purpose may get lost.

Angus - I agree, we should discuss this issue of what happens to our account after we are gone somewhere else. Would start a discussion on that subject that we can all work on together ...

Help, please! There is a mistake in my family tree:
Иван Диков Влахов (Ivan Dikov Vlahov) Ivan Dikov Vlahov was never married to Ненка Влахова (Nenka Vlahova (Geshovska)) Nenka Vlahova. Please disconnect them! He had only one wife - Пена Иваница Влахова (Нинова) Pena Vlahova (Ninova) Pena Vlahova. It is prouved by documents.

Private User, done

Thank you!

Jacob Foks

Please remove Jacob's wife and delete her. He didn't marry someone called Drancy. He died at Drancy camp during the war.

Thanks

Sint Gillis

please remove and delete him. same as the one above: he's not a person but a place

Private User — have you contacted the manager of those profiles? She was online yesterday.

i know
someone else did, but never received a reply.

Got it.

I wish to undue a few incorrect merges. Can you please advise the procedure so that i may correct now, and if i make mistake in the future?

profile-1477801 & profile-2563646 for Mary Ann Williams
profile-1477801 & profile-8117466 for Mary Ann Williams
profile-1477801 & profile-38772386 for Mary Ann Williams
profile-1477801 & profile-46923279 for Mary Ann Williams
profile-1477801 & profile-84822329 for Mary Ann Williams
profile-1477801 & profile-108706217 for Mary Ann Williams
profile-1477801 & profile-108736069 for Mary Ann Williams
profile-1477801 & profile-109783074 for Mary Ann Williams

Lawrence Smith,

You need to give us the links to the actual incorrect merges and we will undo them for you.

Mary Ann Williams

thank-you

Kevin Lawrence Hanit here is the profile that needs undoing Mary Ann Williams
I have to go to Mass, will you continue

Lawrence Smith those profiles you merged are not even close to being duplicates, please be careful

Am thinking - it may take new users a while to discover their Inbox - and they may very well have Geni attached to an e-mail that is not the one they routinely use - so they are probably not up-to-speed with receiving and responding.

And it may take new users a while to discover Public Discussions, after which they can at least ask for help (such as, how do they get back to a message they saw once and respond to it)

Also -- per the blog -- https://www.geni.com/blog/the-return-of-gedcom-imports-on-geni-3103... -- "Importing new profiles is free. Your first Tree Match that will connect you to the World Family Tree is also free, however, to resolve subsequent Tree Matches, you will need to upgrade to Geni Pro." -- so, even if and when they discover their Merge Center, they will still not be able to do much with it or Geni's other ways of showing matches

Please change the name of Ann Newport to Ann Newport (Wilsden).

See timeline - she was simply Ann up to and including her death.

Also, please change birthdate to simply 1805 - she wasn't born and baptised on the same day. The birthplace should be simply Buckinghamshire - the church was in Edgcott

Showing 421-450 of 9181 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion