Margaret Trenouth - Sources Request

Started by Cuzzin Ñoño on Thursday, December 26, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts

John Petit at of Cleev, Cornwall, England, is the only marriage I can verify for Margaret Trenouth. Please provide source verifying the three marriages listed. Thank you.

Ah! (Don't know why I'm searching) I found something on Philippa Trenowith:

also John, who by his marriage with Philippa, daughter and coheiress of John Trenowith, of Fentongollen, esq. became possessed of that place. The issue of this marriage, was first, Thomas, son and heir of Fentongollen; second, John, who married Margaret, eldest daughter and coheiress of Richard Chain peruowme, of Halwin, in Cornwall, esq.; third, Nicholas, who married Catherine, second daughter and coheiress of John Wolvedon, of Wolvedon, or Golden, in Probus, and left issue a son Thomas, who married Jenifer, daughter of JSir Hugh Trevanion, knt. Also three daughters, who on the decease of their brother without issue, became coheiresses. Philippa, the eldest, was married to Hugh Boscawen, ancestor to lord viscount Falmouth, and lies interred at St. Michael Peukevil ; Joan, to Walter Gavrigan, and Elizabeth to Nicholas Herle, of Trenowith. The before-mentioned John Carminowe, and Philippa Trenowith, his wife, had issue also, six daughters;

(Page 56),An historical survey of the county of Cornwall, Vol 2.

If I find anything else on the other daughters, I'll post it.

Here's something on Margaret and marriage to Richard Whitley/Whitleigh

Thomas Tregarthian, after his aforesaid marriage, removed to Court, in St. Stephen's, in Brannel, and was sheriff of Cornwall in 1492. His issue were John, his son and heir, and two daughters. Of the latter, Margaret was married to Richard Whitley, or Whitleigh, of Efford, near Plymouth, and left issue two daughters, married to Grenville, of Stowe, and Hals;

(Page 280 & 281). Ibid.

Here's something on Catherine:

Edmond Stradling, of St. Donat’s, in Wales, son of Edmond Stradling, and Catherine, his wife, daughter and coheiress of John Trenowith, of Fentongollen, in Cornwall, esq.

(Page 54) Ibid

I'll let you do the rest of the legwork.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion