R' Zechariah Mendel Gelernter - New Daughter?

Started by Private User on Thursday, January 23, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts

According to Gelles latest work, attached as a Media-document, R' Zecharia had a daughter of unknown name who married Aryeh Leyb of Grodno (aka Leyb Sheitels).

Private User,

This is not the Master Profile for Zechariya Mendel. The MP is here:
Zecharia Mendel ben Arye Leib of Cracow, auth. "Be'er Heitev" and the MP already has a daughter Mirel who was married to an Aryeh Leyb who died in 1729 (same as your attached chart).

This profile is showing up as a half-brother of the Master Profile even though they both have the same name. The Master Profile appears to be locked which would prevent this profile from being merged with it without the help of a curator. Could be that they are duplicates and should be merged. Perhaps compare the 2 sets of parents and see if they appear to be the same?

Claudia

Private User,

Here is the Rabbi Arye Leib Schiff who died in 1929, son of Rabbi Nathan Neta Schiff. Rabbi Arye Leib Schiff is married to Mirel Kloizner who is daughter of Zecharia Mendel ben Arye Leib of Cracow, auth. "Be'er Heitev"

Claudia

I meant 1729, not 1929!

Private User,

There is a discussion on the MP for Zecharia Mendel ben Arye Leib of Cracow, auth. "Be'er Heitev" which says that he has the wrong father attached, and that The B'aer Heitev was son of Rabbi Arie Leib Klauzner, der hoicher Leib, and so Rabbi Shaul Lowenstam Wife.

If this is true, then both of the profiles would have the same 2 parents, and would be duplicates. Correct?

This would imply that the

ignore last phrase 'This would imply that the'

Clearly there is a discrepancy between the Gelles tree and what is on GENI now. 1) it appears from GENI that Yehudit Fishel Yute, wife Arieh Leib Fishels [der Oycher] (Fishel) had two spouses, both named Aryeh Leyb, and with each, a son named Zecharia Mendel a) Zecharia Mendel ben Arye Leib of Cracow, auth. "Be'er Heitev", and b) Zecharia Mendel ben Arye Leib of Cracow, auth. "Be'er Heitev". Both of Yehudit's husbands are given the same death year of 1671. Yehudit has a son named Zecharia with each of these husbands. Furthermore, on the Gelles tree he denotes his Zecharia as being 'of Belz', while the other Zecharia, the 'Be'er Heitev', dies in Belz, Finally, the daughter who marries Aryeh Leyb on the Gelles tree is the daughter of Zecharia (b) while on GENI she is the daughter of Zecharia (a).So the question for those who are managing these profiles is to address whether there are in fact two Zecharais, and if so, which Zecharia is the father of the woman who married the Ayeh Leyb on the Gelles tree. According to Gelles she is the daughter of Zecharia (b), but I am not going to try to answer that question because I have no knowledge of the primary sources for either Zecharia. I'm inviting Yigal Burstein to take a look since he is MP-curating Zecharia (a).

Topic 2: It seems clear that the Ayeh Leyb of Grodno shown on the Gelles tree is the same as Rabbi Arye Leib Schiff since they both have the same father, son, and grandson. So I have merged the Gelles inspired profiles with the existing GENI tree.

We really need some help here to disentangle the families of the two Arye Leibs.

Rabbi Arye-Leib Fishles Klausner, [der Hoicher of Krakow]

Rabbi Aryeh Leib Sobotka, [Shpolar Zeide I of Krakow]

Old problem!

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion