Johannes Quackenbosch - Needs repair

Started by Alex Moes on Thursday, April 8, 2021
Showing all 15 posts
4/8/2021 at 3:56 PM

Johannes Pieterse Quackenbosch currently has 43 siblings and 18 children and 2 wives.

The wives are duplicates.

I haven't looked at the siblings yet but 43 is an unbelievable number.

The children are a problem. DOBs range from the 1640s to the 1690s, apart from a 60 year span on children being very suspect given that Johannes is born c.1642 his having children in the 1640s is impossible.
Also several of the children have the wrong gender for their name, a sure sign of amateur family historians at work.

4/10/2021 at 8:16 PM

I disconnected a gedcom which has brought the siblings right down, I can't isolate it for some reason but have asked Mike to delete.

Remaining profiles are very confused as a user last year went thru deleting Abouts and swapping the names of the profiles. Luckily she seems to have only done this to the siblings so by looking at the spouses' names i'm slowly restoring to previous status with a little bit of sourcing at the same time.

4/11/2021 at 4:46 AM

Johannes Quackenbosch needs his Birth and Death Dates Added Birth: September 23, 1942. Death: May 26, 1720.

4/11/2021 at 5:22 AM

Do we have any evidence for these dates?
Birth records are almost unknown for this period, a baptism record may exist.

If we can find a marriage record there's a good chance it would list his age.

As for a death date, they're pretty rare too, unless he died in some specific event, even if we find a probated will that won't usually list the exact date of death.

4/12/2021 at 3:20 AM

On Johannes Quackenbosch Father, Pieter Pieterzoon Quackenbosch website it telles the Date forJohannas Birth: September 22, 1642, Death: May 26, 1720. Please look it up. Ki nd Regards, Arlis Taylor

4/12/2021 at 4:11 AM

This a Link to Pieter Pieterzoon Quackenbosch

Pieter Pieterszoon Quackenbosch Bont (1614-1686) - Find A Grave Memorial
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/73117082/pieter-pieterszoon-qua...

4/12/2021 at 5:30 PM

_IF_ FindAGrave has a photo of a tombstone then it is a source, though that assumes whoever made the tombstone had accurate data.
Sometimes users upload documentary evidence to FindAGrave.
Neither case applies for this profile.

I am aware that there are dates in the About of the profile.
Where do they come from is the question.
Why do you believe they are accurate?

10/25/2021 at 2:02 PM

I’m assuming you are all aware of this book? Soft copy here. I have an original at home.
https://www.forgottenbooks.com/en/download/TheQuackenbushFamilyinHo...

I’m descended from:
Alonzo Quackenboss, b. 22/Oct/1819; m.
Gen 9: Margaret Quackenboss, m. William Hutchinson on 19/Oct/1865
Gen 10: Cora Elizabeth Hutchinson (Collens), b. 1866
Gen 11: Marjory Hutchinson-Collens (my great grandmother)

10/25/2021 at 2:04 PM

Written in 1909.

10/25/2021 at 2:09 PM

I think the problem is that there are quite a few Pieter Quackenbusch (earlier ones are accurate as Quackenbos), and so some of the children may be attributed to the wrong Pieter, so some may be in fact correct, just two generations out.

10/25/2021 at 10:18 PM

Hello William Mark Henry d'Avigdor

I spent quite a bit of time earlier this year sorting out the Quackenbos profiles on Geni, cutting where necessary and adding sources as much as possible. They should still be in a good state as I locked a lot of the data as I was entering it. I focus more on the 1600s and into the 1700s rather than the 1800s so if you spot issues in that era that need resolving which you cannot manage yourself l let me know and I’ll take a look

10/26/2021 at 2:21 PM

No worries - the book goes back to the 1500s, the ancestors I provided are an example they go back to Gen 1. I suspect the 60 year gap refers to grandchildren for the subject of interest.

10/26/2021 at 6:56 PM

The author traced US family as far as they could then went to Europe and found a family with the same name and hey presto published a book.

Don’t rely on it.

12/29/2021 at 9:23 PM

At some point a profile of Johannes Pietersz Q was merged with a profile of his father Pieter Pietersz Q.

One piece of evidence being that his current status has him married to his own mother:

Son of Pieter Quackenbosch and Maritgen Quackenbosch (van Venetien)
Husband of Marritje Quackenbush (Ariens)

More cutting required

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion