Elias Fort, I - Children of Elias Fort Sr and Phyllis Champion

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, Tree builder on Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 19 posts

I know the two sons John Fort and Elias Fort, II are proven, but what of George Fort and Elizabeth Fort

I am thinking they are all correct but is there anything other than anecdotal or conjecture?
This Elizabeth is a shell-- no dates and no husband/children.
George looks good and I have been adding info/references

10/5/2021 at 2:37 PM

There were a bunch of possible references to an Elizabeth Jordan, which didn't make sense until I saw one that had her as wife of George Fort, with birth surname of Jordan. Which led me to realize she was undoubtably confused with the wife of John Fort (who was the daughter of a Jordan). A fair amount of support to being that person (albeit some issues with dates in her immediate family).

Oh, beautiful! Thank you, Dan Cornett. I will follow up, cautiously.

I am trying to find the link between several families that are mentioned together in historical records/families/community.

Next stop Champion but Fort has many same names in different generations. I found a SAR app today and the genealogy was just atrocious but after looking at these different profiles and records more recently, I realize who they meant and this is why just one more reason why Geni is my fave place to work on genealogy.

I have been trying to work out the kinks in some of lines on my personal tree at Ancestry but the collaboration and feedback from fellow researchers and most especially you curators here is priceless. I will probably renew my subscription at MyHeritage to be able to attach smart matches but I wish they had records and actual sources.

I am logged off the desktop computer now and will check again tomorrow.

I found a few unconnected Forts. And I found a Fort that married a Fort and they are showing as seventh cousins so I am thinking maybe someone is still missing.

Grammar. Oops.

George looks pretty good as a child of this couple.

His children look certain and sourced. I have a question about daughter Phyllis [R. Simms] [R. Williams] [P. Fiveash],
I see her marriages for Fiveash and Symes but not Williams.so I think the Note from her Wikitree may be incorrect

1/26/2022 at 6:10 PM

Elias is my 10th Great Grandfather...

3/23/2022 at 1:27 PM

Elias and Phyllis, daughter of Edward and Elizabeth Champion, are also my line. The book 'A Family Called Fort' is an excellent source for information on the Fort Family. Also, Eliza Duckwood took an employer to court for reneging on payment for services rendered. Payment in tobacco. She must have been somewhat independent and fearless for the time period!

Living Gwin do you have a link or any other info so one can locate this book?
Thank you.
Nice to meet you and Melissa May Turner as well

https://books.google.com/books/about/A_Family_Called_Fort.html?id=0...

I think that was simple enough lol
Sometimes just a title is all we need but knowing it exists is half the battle :)

3/23/2022 at 1:55 PM

I have the book. I bought it online several years ago through a genealogy book company, Higginson Book Company, www.higginsonbooks.com. Do not know if this company still exists. Try it and see what you find. The book is large and was expensive. Hope this helps and let me know if I can help further.
Franki Cramer

3/25/2022 at 3:56 PM

So is the book now online or still need to buy print book?

Living Gwin I am unable to see inside the book at this link

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/9690276?visit_id=637838...

but there may be other ways of viewing it

3/27/2022 at 10:30 AM

Do not know of a read online source for this book. Sorry. Google books would have been my guess. At the time I purchased the book it was not available for reading online.

No worries.
Is there a duplicate for "your" Elias in the Geni tree?
Others can help merge if you would like

4/2/2022 at 9:27 PM

FYI: By adding dates, "Living" Gwin is now connected <wink>

Showing all 19 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion