1/5/2022 at 12:41 AM

Landnámabók & eyrbyggjasaga

1/5/2022 at 2:23 AM

Can you quote the sections for them?

1/5/2022 at 2:34 AM

Hang on: Found one

"31. kafli Auðun átti Mýrúnu, dóttur Maddaðar Írakonungs." Landnámabók
https://www.snerpa.is/net/snorri/landnama.htm

Chapter 31 Auðun married Mýrúna, daughter of Maddad the King of Ireland.

1/5/2022 at 2:50 AM

No Margaret in Landnámabók

1/5/2022 at 2:55 AM

or in Eyrbyggja saga that I can find?

1/5/2022 at 2:55 AM

Douglas John Nimmo can you find it for us for your profile?

1/5/2022 at 4:33 AM

Are mýrúna an margrethe not the same person?

1/5/2022 at 6:44 AM

Mýrún Maddaðardóttir is said to have been been born in ( 870) the daughter of an Irish king.
She was married to Auðunn "stoti" Válason according to the book of settlements. That is not the same Mýrún/ Mýrúna as the one that was the daughter of Madach.

on her profile here on geni she is said to be the daughter of Bjaðmak (Beadh-mac ( Maddad)

1/5/2022 at 9:24 AM

Okay, so step by step:

1. On Geni, your profile for her [[Myrun Maddaðardóttur Bjadmakdotter Myrun Maddaðardóttur Bjadmakdotter] is definitely placed as the daughter of Madach, 1st Earl of Atholl not Bjaðmak (Beadh-mac ( Maddad). [[Bjadmak, King in Ireland Bjadmak, King in Ireland] So, this is the one we're looking at. (Although both seem - rather too coincidentally? - to have been married to an Audun, and both have a father whose name is Maddad - cf Myrun Maddaðardóttur Bjadmakdotter ]

2. Problem: The Earl of Atholl is Scots, not Irish

3. Problem: The Irish don't seem to know about Bjadmak, King in Ireland or Beadh-mac as one of their kings / nobles. Is it a reference to Macbeth, King of Scots ?

4. Problem: Macbeth isn't Irish either, and his dates are way past 890

5 RE mýrúna and margrethe as same person. What evidence that the names are interchangeable? Caithness certainly isn't interchangeable with Atholl, and, again - neither are in Ireland.

1/5/2022 at 8:49 PM

I have corrected the profile of Myrun. .
who is born In 870 and according to the book of settlement is said to be the daughter of an Irish king named Maddad. She married Auðunn “stoti”

I do not where the source information on who this “ Beadh-mac (Maddad) (Bjadmak) king in Ireland” is supposed to be but I’ve contacted the manager of her profile for sources on that. I have removed the other Mýrún from maddach.

1/5/2022 at 10:36 PM

Okay, let me know how/where I can help.

1/5/2022 at 10:37 PM

Disconnecting the relationship to Margaret de Caithness pending the provision of sources to use to reconnect.

4/17/2023 at 10:19 AM
[This message has been hidden until it can be reviewed by an administrator.]
4/17/2023 at 10:34 AM

Not relevant to this discussion. Jacqueli, you've posted this on 7 different Discussions. Please stick to one.

4/17/2023 at 11:07 AM
[This message has been hidden until it can be reviewed by an administrator.]
Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion