Query on Thomas FITZPATRICK

Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts

Thomas FitzPatrick, I has a few issues

Issue 1
His wife Elizabeth Henley FitzPatrick was born in 1759 and married when she was just 3 years old and then had children when she was 7, 10, 12, 16, 17 and 20)

Issue 2
He has 2 sons called John both alive at the same time

Tagging curators of these profiles

Issues also exist with John FitzPatrick 1755-1815 who married Frances Fitzpatrick

He had a son James when he was only 3
He bought land when he was 16

John's will identified his children as

1. Thomas - eldest son
  2. John - second son
  3. Betsey - eldest daughter
  4. Alexander - third son
  5. Sally - second daughter
  6. Jimney - third daughter
  7. William - fourth son
  8. Frances - fourth daughter
  9. James - fifth son

Daughter Elizabeth was born 1774 so I would expect that son James would not have been born before 1780 not 1758

"Elizabeth Hamner, a daughter of William Hamner and Mary Elizabeth Henley (and the sixth child listed in her father's will), married in Albermarle Co., Virginia to Thomas Fitzpatrick."

Source: Hamner Heritage by Geneal Hamner Black, Mary Clark Ryan, p. 39 (1985), books.google.com

In my opinion, the marriage date is most likely wrong for Elizabeth Fitzpatrick Hamner and Thomas Fitzpatrick, he most likely had a first wife.

Will dig through my actual documentation and see what I can find.

A generation for a Thomas Fitzpatrick may have been lost - perhaps Elizabeth Hamner married a younger Thomas Fitzpatrick, to me it appears two generations of children may be included on one profile.

I meant to write, may consider this Thomas Fitzpatrick had two wives, and Elizabeth Hamner was the 2nd wife. Or - Elizabeth Hamner was married to his son, Thomas Hamner, they're closer in age.

added copy of his orig probated will and found a lost sister of his.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion