Samuel Leonard - Who Was Lydia Leonard, Wife of Samuel Leonard

Начал Steven Mitchell Ferry сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (5)

Here we have the wife of Samuel Leonard as Lydia (Cook) Faunce; Lydia Leonard As I mentioned in the about section, the Leonard Genealogy does not show her parentage, only that she was named Lydia.

In the Wiki Tree page for Lydia Cook (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Cooke-28590, it only lists John Faunce as her husband, adding that they were married 23 Feb 1710. However, the Leonard Genealogy says that Lydia and Samuel Leonard were married probably in 1706, and lists 5 children, born 1707 to 1717.

Yet many internet family trees make Lydia to be Lydia Cook Faunce, married to 3 different men (not sure where Husband Nicholas Williams fits.)

Does anyone have any source, other than the various internet trees, that show that the Lydia married to Samuel Leonard was born Lydia Cook. If not, our Geni page needs correction.

Erica Howton, have you had any experience with the Leonards?

I’ll look up Lydia Leonard as a Mayflower passenger descendant at American Ancestors. (NEHGS]

The merge error on geni goes back to 2010, when the computer auto completed matches:

Jacob Cooke, Jr. was connected to Lydia (Miller) Cooke as her husband with children William Cooke, Lydia Cooke, Rebecca Cooke, Jacob Cooke, III and 4 others.
Dec 29, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Samuel Leonard was connected to Lydia Cooke as her husband with children Ebenezer Leonard and Samuel Daniel Leonard.
Dec 29, 2010 at 6:49 PM

John Faunce was connected to Lydia (Cooke) Faunce as her husband with children Lydia (Faunce) Washburn, Hannah (Faunce) Cooke, John Faunce, Mehitable (Faunce) Cushman and 3 others.

I’ll see what I can do from unmerging,

See Lydia (Cook) [Leonard] Williams biography at https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Cook-11027

Lydia Cooke was baptized on 27 April 1679 in Stonington, New London, Connecticut Colony.[1] She was the daughter of Richard and Grace (Unknown) Cooke. The Mayflower Families v.15 p.54 agrees that she was a daughter of Richard Cooke, but cautions that this was Not a Mayflower Cooke line.[2]

I’ll be able to attach this article.

2. Mayflower Families Fifth Generation Descendants, 1700-1880. (Online database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2017). From Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Descendants of the Pilgrims who landed at Plymouth, Mass., December 1620. Plymouth, MA: General Society of Mayflower Descendants, 1975-2015. [https://www.americanancestors.org/DB2728/i/48510/54/1415588515 NEHGS member site

Erica Howton I think that Lydia Cook is a Mayflower descendant, but I don't think she was Lydia Leonard. The Leonards do go back to the Mayflower though, via Solomon's wife, Sarah, a daughter of Roger Chandler and Isabella Chilton.

Показаны все сообщения (5)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении