are dates right?

Started by Ralph Edward Johnson on Friday, January 14, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 10 posts
1/14/2011 at 7:27 AM

There is another entry for a daughter Mercy, but it says that she was born April 24, 1711 in Harwich, Barnstable, Massachusetts, USA
Death: June 5, 1763 (52) Plympton, Massachusetts, United States

I wonder if the birth and death information got messed up? Not only are the dates exchanged, but the location of birth and death.

1/14/2011 at 8:34 AM

Private User was working on the Bradford descendants and may know a definitive source. I am looking at http://www.concentric.net/~pvb/GEN/govbrad.html but I don't think it includes her.

1/14/2011 at 8:36 AM

You mean a second profile, correct? Mercy Waterman

1/14/2011 at 8:43 AM

This is a Web genealogy (below) so could be incorrect. I need too compare the two Mercys and they should be merged and the correct information chosen. I think you're saying that one of the profiles has confused the dates / birth and death places.
-----

Mercy Freeman was born on 24 April 1711 in Harwich, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. She died about 1760 at the age of 49. Parents: Jonathan Freeman and Mercy Bradford.

Spouse: Thomas Waterman. Mercy Freeman and Thomas Waterman were married on 12 June 1728 in Plympton, Plymouth County, Massachusetts. Children were: Jonathan Waterman, Abigail Waterman, Rebecca Freeman Waterman, Mary Waterman, Thomas Waterman, Priscilla Waterman, Freeman Waterman.

1/14/2011 at 8:46 AM

I see what you mean but haven't found a definitive source but assume that the above is correct. That is birth in Harwich and death in Plympton.

1/14/2011 at 10:17 AM

There are a lot of Mercy Freemans but the daughter of Jonathan Freeman and Mercy Bradford was born April 24, 1711 likely in Harwich. Do you want me to merge and correct?

Issue of Jonathan Freeman, who m. Mercy Bradford.

293. I. Jonathan, March 26, 1709-10, in Harwich.
*294. n. Mercy, April 24, 1711; m. TJiovias Waterman
of Plympton.

295. HI. Bradford, Aug. 15, 17 13.

296. IV. ICHABOD, Aug. 2, IJlAf, postlinmoHS.

The above Mr. Jonathan Freeman d. April 27, 17 14, in
H., ae. 36. The records, in registering the significant name of
the youngest child, say " son of Jona. dec, and Mercy his
widow, — born four months after his father's decease." The
wid. Mercy admd. on her husband's estate April, 17 15. She
was dr. of Major Bradford of Kingston, who m. Mary Warren
of Plym., and b. Dec. 23, 168 1, m. Mr. F., 1708. She m.
2d " Lieut. Isaac Cushman of Plympton," Oct. 10, 171 7. As

^ Records show that there was a Thomas Freeman in E., who m.
Phche Knoivles, Jan. 12, 1737 : after much effort we fail even to conceive beyond doubt who he was ; and, knowing not how to locate the parties, we here note the fact, that future inquirers may have the benetit of our confession of non-success.

Private User
1/14/2011 at 10:56 AM

Go ahead and merge/correct anything as you see fit. I just copied what we had from a relative who sent us a huge family tree across many pages. I had found other dates incorrect (looking at wiki pages and the like) so I would not be surprised if you find more. Go ahead and change as you see fit. Is there anything I need to do to "allow" to change it since I think I added her in.

1/14/2011 at 11:40 AM

I will do this over the weekend. Let me know if you find other discrepancies. You and I are 13th cousins 4 times removed. I think our common ancestor is: Sir Adrian Fortescue, K.B.

photo owned by Tamara Tucker Swingle
Private User
1/14/2011 at 4:36 PM

When I was working on the Bradfords I was mainly trying to get wives with the correct husbands, children with the right parents, etc. I knew there were some dates that would probably have to be checked and changed.

Private User
11/23/2013 at 8:12 PM

I too am related to Sir Adrian Fortescue. He is my 13th Great Grandfather. :)
Did you know he is on the list of saints? See http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=1143

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion