Lenin: First path to the Big Tree

Started by Olav Linno Poëll on Thursday, March 10, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
3/10/2011 at 6:28 PM

History buffs might find it interesting that as of today, one of Vladimir Lenin's distant lines managed to get merged and connected into the World Family Tree (through a merge on Catarina Sofia Planting-Gyllenbåga). So, it's at least theoretically possible to catch a path for the Pro's. And yes, granted, the path is not a bloodline, but it might still be interesting since the nodes in question are fairly well researched and documented in various quality sources. Geographically the path runs from Russia, back in time and into Sweden, making the Big Tree connection around mid 1600s, possibly with some interesting stories in-between. Anyway, this currently only path 'out' looks like this:

Vladimir Lenin
[his mother] Maria Alexandrovna Ulyanova
[her mother] Katharina Eleonora Ivanovna Essen
[her mother] Anna Beata Östedt
[her mother] Anna Christina Borg
[her mother] Anna Brita Novelia
[her father] Simon Novelius, Sr.
[his brother] Johan Novelius
[his wife] Catarina Sofia Planting-Gyllenbåga
[her husband] Michael Planting-Bergloo

From the final two nodes, it should not be too difficult to pick up a path.

11/9/2011 at 11:39 PM

What an intriguing and fascinating project!

2/16/2012 at 8:59 AM

I agree ;) Magnus Borg is a relative of me:

Magnus (Måns) Persson Borg

2/16/2012 at 10:43 AM

Sweet David! In that case, you might very well be the first Geni user, at least as far as I'm aware, with a direct bloodline confirmed. There could be some on the German lines (Grosschopff, etc.) as well, but I have not really checked lately.

Btw, apart from the Swedish stuff, I've come across plenty of Norwegian tie-ins mentioned throughout various literary (re)sources — of shifting quality, as usual — with the Borg name in particular, but not limited to... I'm sure there's a lot of interesting materials to be found, filtered and funneled in that area.

I'll try to muster some more quality time myself for this project again — soon™ :P

2/16/2012 at 11:38 AM

This is really fascinating:
V I Lenin is my 6th great grandfather's wife's husband's fifth great nephew.
So we are not so close to each other......

2/18/2012 at 5:15 AM

Vladimir Lenin is my 6th cousin four times removed.

The only thing that I dont have enough evidence for is that:

Knut Knutsson Sundberg: Knut Knutsson Sundberg, i Borghult

Is father or grandfather of my 6th great grandfather:

Knut Sundberg: Knut Knutsson Sundberg

I hope to find the evidence for the connection, but im not sure how to find it..

7/9/2013 at 11:00 AM

David, your Knut Sundberg, was baptized on 9 February 1708 in Vimmerby. He is simply listed as Knut son of Knut of Borghult.

6/23/2014 at 4:55 PM

The new season of the swedish "Who do you think you are" will have one relative Pernilla Wahlgren as one of the participants ;) She is a descendant of my fifth great grandmother Dina Sundberg and therefore both relative to me, Thomas, Lenin and Greta Garbo ;)

3/17/2022 at 7:21 PM

Olav Linno, Are you a bloodline. I am. I am from vancouver, Canada. Hedvig-Ulrika Planting Bergloo is the conenction from Mikeal. My Great Grandmother Anna Elizabeth who married Anders Anderson and Kaj Thelander as well as Nils Nilsson and Maria and Magnus Nilsson are connections. I would be interested in talking with a family member. my email is rainydaypeople69@gmail.com. My full name is AARON ROBERT THOMAS and go by ROB. pardon caps just making it stand out.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion