Started by Private User on Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
5/3/2011 at 2:10 PM

Iheard from my father that I am the seventh generation from Rabbi Yechezkel Landau. I would like to find out how I am related to him.

Yaffa,
the Noda Beyehuda probably has in the order of 50,000 descendants by now. Only 1878 are listed on Geni. It has been over 230 years... So there probably really no way anyone can find this information for you, unless they have a LOT more information. You'll just have to try and find your grandfather's parents, keep on going from there. You might not need to trace all the way back as many of his descendants were famous in their own light. So connecting to the should be enough.

Private User
3/20/2016 at 12:11 AM

I also have a similar issue. Our family has a tradition that we come descend from the Noda Beyhuda through my great great grandmother Rachel Leah (Landau) Schimmel. She came from a town called Dubiecko, Poland. Her father Shlomo Halevi Landau lived in Dubiecko as well or in the area. He was a Beyoner Chusid. They called him Reb Shlomo Beyoner! Rachel Leah was born around 1878, making her father born sometime around 1850ish. Any information that anyone has that can help connect him would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Moshe

Private
10/25/2022 at 12:47 PM

I'm in the same boat as Moshe and Yaffa. My family has a tradition that we are descended from the Node b'Yehuda through my second great grandmother, Shaindel (Jenny) Landau Bienenstock. If anyone has any information, please let me know.

Thanks,
Y.D.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion