• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Related Projects:

Showing all 11 posts
Private
6/19/2011 at 1:28 AM

Hey you all, I would like a french translation of this project. Not as a new project, but in the same. This because I'm aware a lot of people are more familiar with the French language than the English. And this project has the title "women who changed the world". And i woud like to give everyone a opportunity to participate and maybe add some names we were not that familiar with or we have a different point of view.
Anyway, I would like to have the title in English and French and the subscribing of it. Can you agree with this? BTW I just have the idea but cannot make myself a french translation.

6/19/2011 at 1:55 AM

I can do it for you, Jennie. French women that I could think of are Marie Curie (as first woman to have won the Nobel prize and for her contribution to medecine - though, admittedly, she was Polish-born) and Jeanne d'Arc for her impact on 13th century 'geopolitics' and French identity. I'll copy a French translation simply into this discussion.

6/19/2011 at 2:03 AM

A travers l'histoire, il existe des femmes qui ont particulièrement marqué leur époque. Elle se sont distinctes par leur combat pour la justice ou pour la liberté, par leur contribution à la société, par leur inspiration. Des femmes qui, de leur façon et par les moyens dont elles disposaient, on fait la différence. Sans elles, ce monde serait bien différent. Peut-être nous ne pensons pas à elles au quotidien, tout simplement parce que leur réussite est devenue un acquis. Permettons à ce projet de mettre ses femmes à l'honneur. Nous vous invitons donc tous à joindre ce projet.

Private
6/19/2011 at 2:14 AM

Ahhh merci Georges.... c'est tout que je sais....:-) Thank you for the translation and how about the title? Is it someting like: des femmes qui a change le Monde? ............. dont kow how to put a streep on the "e".

Private
6/19/2011 at 2:20 AM

BTW your names are allread mentioned but I challenge you to surprise us with a name we did not think about...
Is it possible to make your friends at the Frenck Portal aware of this project? you see I do anyting to invite as much as possibele to participate. Uuuhh I have the idea you the work? :-)

Private
6/19/2011 at 2:28 AM

I have already changed it thanks to George. Cannot change the title though...

Private
6/19/2011 at 4:21 AM

Thank you Jenna. I have no idea how to put this profile at the projectpage. Her name is already on the list but I like to have her profile as well on tje project page. Can you or anyone else do this? Thanks!

Private User
6/19/2011 at 6:23 AM

Jennie,
Jenna will have to do it. Marie's profile is locked.

Private
6/19/2011 at 6:43 AM

Oh allright Ann, Jenna will surely do it :-)
Will you Jenna? Thanks :-)

Private User
6/19/2011 at 1:15 PM

N'oublie pas MARIANNE, la femme plus connue de la douce France. C'etait la femme de Dominique Strauss-Kahn qui etait une des modeles choisis pas le gouvernement Francais pour tous les statues recents de Marianne en France. Je crois qu'aussi la beau Isabella Rossellini etait modele pour Marianne, mais je ne suis pas sur. Peut-etre aussi Brigitte Bardot?

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion